Hello everyone and thank you for joining us in our newest enrichment challenge. We’re all about making sure our dogs find enriching experiences that work their mind and body – all while fitting into your busy schedule! You can head over to this post to find out more about the challenge, but if you’re ready to dive right in then check out the daily schedules below. And remember to post photos of your pup throughout the week on your favorite social feed with the hashtag #PAW5EnrichedLifeChallenge! And be sure to have fun!!!
To begin, here are the definitions of some of the activities we have listed throughout the week:
- Kibble Grass Hunt: Take a handful of kibble and toss it into a grassy area for your dog to sniff out piece by piece.
- Pupcicles: The night before, place a few toys in a bucket, bowl or tupperware and fill to the brim with water. The next day, remove the Pupcicle from its mold and let your dog lick his way to his favorite toys.
- Stuffed Tennis Ball Hide and Seek: Using an Exacto-Knife, carefully cut a small flap into a tennis ball. Fill the tennis ball with some kibble, treats and / or peanut butter, showing it to your dog. Hide that ball (in home or outside works) and work with your dog to sniff out the delicious tennis ball treat, giving him help if needed.
- Blanket Burrito: While allowing your dog to observe, place his dinner into the middle of blanket or towel. Wrap up the loose kibble like a burrito, tucking in the edges to increase difficulty, and give to your dog to unwrap and chow down.
- Bobbing for Toys: Fill a baby pool with a variety of toys, then add water. Work with your dog to retrieve his toys one by one. Increase difficultly by asking for toys by name.
Find the Toy Game: Please 4 cardboard boxes in a line with space in between them, putting a well-loved toy or treat in one of the boxes. Walk back and forth in from on the boxes with your dog leashed to identify the box with the toy, only using his nose. Increase difficulty by placing a toy in one box and a treat in another, working with him to identify one or the other.
And here are the daily schedules!!